Menu > Tools > Select
- Point to an object with the pointer and press the trigger key to select it.
- While holding down the Trigger key, move your pointer through other parts like a brush to add them to the selection.
Part names and assembly names are displayed in the select tool when you point to an object with the pointer.
You can use the temporary transparency of the object selection to get a quick overview of interior geometries.
- Press left on the touchpad/joystick to switch to deselect mode.
- Point to an object and press the trigger button to remove it from your selection.
- Switch back to selection mode with the touchpad/joystick to the left.
Deselect all objects at once by pressing right on the touchpad/joystick or double-clicking in the space
CAD structure tree
Assemblies and parts are often sorted hierarchically in a structure tree in CAD data. You can use the CAD hierarchy from your CAD file to easily select assemblies per hierarchy level. Instead of the classic list view, related objects that form an assembly are displayed in the same color. You can navigate through the levels and use them as filters for object selection.
Navigating through the structure tree
- Press down with the touchpad/joystick to activate the selection filter. Next to your pointer, the hierarchy levels are indicated by bars. The blue big bar shows you on which hierarchy level you are.
- Use the touchpad/joystick up or down to navigate through the hierarchy levels. Related objects that form an assembly on this level are colored the same.
- Point to your relevant objects and select them.
- Navigate to the top or bottom hierarchy level and press down or up with the touchpad/joystick to turn off the selection filter.
You can also use the selection filter in deselection mode, e.g. to remove entire groups from the selection.